People love drama. It excites them, even if they claim they don’t like it.
Even I am guilty of creating drama.We all are.People get bored with everyday life and want to subconsciously make some “fun”, but it’s in a bad way. People gossip about each other at work, in their neighborhoods, at school. Sometimes it’s just to feel superior over another. Some drama, as in drama on TV,movies, or going to a play is great! It lets us feel emotions that otherwise may seem “bad” to others. We need Light and Dark in our lives to transform, change. Some people are afraid of change. They want things to remain static. Once people start with gossip and drama, it becomes an addiction that is hard to stop.
Why is this so?
- A Dopamine Addiction
Our brains make a chemical that produces pleasurable feeling that are unleashed in anticipation of anything YOU find FUN. Getting drunk, smoking, various foods that are “bad” for you. Every time you engage in drama, the brain remembers this and it will wire itself to make you take actions, subconsciously, to relive these pleasurable feelings!The more you engage in these actions (DRAMA, SEX, DRUGS); the brain gets desensitized, so you HAVE TO keep doing the action to get the same pleasurable feelings. (The PAYOFF)
2. Family dynamics
How we were raised has a lot to do with how we act. If we witnessed our family members using controlling actions,(DRAMA), to gain what they needed emotionally, we will use the same actions in our own lives to respond to others. In essence, we “take” their life energy to have control over them. Taking another’s life energy leads to them feeling depleted, tired, lacking confidence. Everything in life is ENERGY. Getting energy, keeping this energy, giving energy. When people get together, usually one person has more vital energy than the other. This is how Drama ensues. In trying to get someone elses vital energy for their own use.
The media we watch and listen to is mainly filled with Fear mongering and sad stories to play at your emotions. When i watch the news, I see drama. The news anchors spin stories to show more drama for ratings.
4. Attention seeking
People will create lies and drama so that others will give them the attention they crave. In ” acting out”, like a child having a temper tantrum, they are attempting to gather energy for themselves, so that they can feel good again (DOPAMINE)
Learning to find your spirit within a drama filled world takes practice.
How to disengage from Drama
- Keep CALM. Do not engage in the control drama.
- In that moment that you are dealing with a control drama, STOP. Feel LOVE for your cat, dog, child, GOD, SPIRIT. Whatever makes you feel pure LOVE, remember a scenic vacation at the beach. See the waves, imagine the sand and wind blowing. It takes practice to do this. Oh believe me, when I am dealing with a Drama maker, I find it hard to cope, also. The important thing is TO CENTER YOURSELF, AND THINK OF SOMETHING THAT BRINGS YOU TO A PURE LOVE STATE.
- Eat Dark Chocolate
- If you cant handle that person, walk away. Go to the restroom, make any excuse, but get away to save yourself and CENTER YOURSELF.
- Change the subject if possible.
- Take supplements such as: L Tyrosine, CDP Choline
- Take herbs such as: Rhodiola rosea- is commonly used in high altitudes such as Sweden, Norway, China, Tibet. It is a adaptogen and central nervous system stimulant and stress reducing agent.It helps with memory,and, learning. It helps to access your natural serotonin, nor epinephrine, and dopamine.
Mucuna Pruiens- A whole body tonic, physical and mental which has been used in Ayurvedic system of medicine and in South American herbal healers practices. It contains a high concentration of L-Dopa, which is a direct precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. Do not take with other stimulants, as it has a strong stimulant property of its own. Best taken with green tea in the morning. Take 1/2 to 1 tsp. on empty stomach.
Thank you and continue learning to be spiritual.
Thanks to Live Laugh Love Club on YouTube.